How to Create a Strong Social Presence
Let’s go wayyyy back to the basics of marketing, shall we? In our last Socially Unstable Podcast episode, Tyler and I talked about some really essential things that we believe a lot of businesses are STILL missing today! If you aren’t the social media savvy type and need a little extra help to get your social presence where it needs to be in 2020, then this post is for you!
The very first thing that should be on anyone’s mind when they want to create a strong social presence is CONTENT! When people call Marketing TEA and say they want to improve (insert whatever it may be from website to SEO and beyond) they are skipping a step, because you need content to do that.
I’m sure you are getting the picture that you can do very little else with your marketing without content. Marketing graphics that don’t feature you, or using stock photography on your social media is old news! Instead of being authentic and engaging, you are being the exact opposite. You aren’t being open and inviting with your audience, and no good relationship can form without it.
After you get content, now it is time to start improving your social presence!
At Marketing TEA, the first thing we do before we start pushing out our client’s social content is to perform a social media audit of all of their profiles. Doing this lets us know what areas they are excelling in and what areas they can improve on to reach their marketing goals. What does a social audit look like, you ask? It’s very simple, and I will break it down for you now!
Social Media Audit
Start by going platform by platform and take notes about what is missing from them. Every platform will need different information but here are some of the major ones!
- Google Business
- Have you have claimed your listing on Google?
- Do you manage your reviews?
- Are the phone number, address, and other contact information correct?
- Are your hours correct?
- Do you have pictures?
- Is your website linked?
You need to get your Google business right! No matter how great your content is and how much work you put into it, it will all be for nothing if people can’t reach you when they go to search for you on Google. Bad information breaks the conversion pipeline (and nobody wants that!)
- Do you have a profile picture, and does it make sense? What I mean by this is that some businesses should have their logo here but others, where the brand is solely focused on a person, might do better with an image of their face.
- Do you have a cover photo? We recommend using a strong video like a promo video there!
- Are your hours filled out?
- Are your services filled out?
- Did you fill out the ‘Our Story’ section?
- What about a call to action button?
- We also like to link all of your other profiles here so people can easily maneuver from one to the other!
- Do you have a website linked?
- Does your profile picture make sense?
- Does your bio tell your audience who you are and what you do? You don’t want there to be any confusion here. Check out a few of our profiles to see exactly what I mean!
Social media is an incredibly powerful tool when used correctly with stunning pictures and content that matters. Looking at each social profile and making it as easy as possible for your audience to go from Facebook to Google to your website will help you convert your following into loyal clients and customers.
If you need help analyzing your social media presence, that is what we are here for! Send us a message and we would be happy to help you out!