Timing is everything with Twitter, which means there is a RIGHT and a WRONG time to use it. That’s why we want to talk about the best times to use Twitter for midwives and doulas.
Twitter and Instagram are SO often underused by businesses, which truly upsets us because these social media platforms allow you to communicate quickly, in REAL TIME! This is the new standard. When people want to learn more about your business and brand, they check out your social media accounts. That means, if you are not using Twitter (or Instagram) you are missing out on INCREDIBLE engagement opportunities.
Twitter is an AMAZING platform for content because (unlike with almost EVERY other platform) you can really never post too much. In fact, there are so many different sources pushing content that it’s actually important to communicate a lot so you don’t get lost in the shuffle. The pace is fast; it’s almost like you are having a real conversation with your audience. And guess what…you are!
Based on this source here are all the statistics you NEED for posting on Twitter:
- There is a 14% increase in engagement on weekdays
- Larger brands seem to get a 17% increase on weekends
- The best days to post for engagement are Wednesdays
- The worst time to post is Friday afternoon (think about what YOU’RE doing on a Friday afternoon)
- Posts containing videos or photos have a 75% better engagement rate
- Short tweets will get more retweets than longer tweets (so try to keep it under 100 characters!)
- According to Buffer the best time to tweet (globally) is between 12pm-1pm
Depending on your time commitment, your willingness to learn, and the complexity of your business and website, you may decide you need an expert to handle things for you – and you guessed it, that’s where we come in. You may not have time to keep up with the fast moving pace of Twitter while growing your brand, but we do.